Rajasthan is famous for its culture and royalty. Apart from it, this vibrant desert city has a lot to offer when it comes to food.
Here we have compiled a list of some famous Rajasthani food that you should try at least once:-
- Dal Baati Churma: - This traditional Rajasthani dish is on the top of any foodie list for visitors to Rajasthan. Bati is a heated ball made up of flour which is then dipped in ghee. This famous dish is traditionally eaten with pudina chutney, green salad and fresh buttermilk.
- Ghevar: - A simple and delicious dessert, Ghevar is associated with the Teej Festival. There is a wide variety of Ghevar to try in Jaipur such as plain, mawa and malai ghevar. You can enjoy it with rabri as well.
- Laal Maas:- This is one of the most popular and mouth- watering dish in Rajasthan. The name literally means ‘Read meat’. It can be found in every city of Rajasthan. It is made with dry red chillies, garlic and different species with a strong flavour. It is enjoyed best when served with bajra rotis and plain rice.
- Pyaz ki Kachori: - Originally from Jodhpur, went extremely popular in Rajasthan and can be found in most of the namkeen shops of the city. Pyaz ki Kachori is a namkeen and served with ketchup and imli (Tamarind) Chutney.
- Ker Sangri: - Its is a dried black berries and twiggy beans which grow in the extremely hot conditions of Rajasthan. These are dipped in mustard oil along with red chillies and tart. Ker Sangri pairs well with Bajra roti.
- Gatte ki sabzi:- Its is like a curry in which Gram flour dumplings are flavoured with dry species and Later dipped in curd to make a curry. This tangy dish goes well with naan, roti, puri and steamed rice.
- Methi poori Bajra:- It is a delicious snack prepared with spices, herbs, gram flour and then deep fried. It can be best enjoyed with chatni, aloo and raita.